Thursday, January 14, 2010

Music MySpace page is happenin': http://www.myspace.com/marymugford

What have you all been thinking of the sunshine lately (for those of you who live in Marquette)? Is it inspiring you in different ways? I know I've been finding all good things in it. It's also causing me to see new and different inspiration when it hides away and leaves the gray tones and snow behind. Cool, dudes.

I sucked it up and created a myspace music page. I was lucky enough to borrow Kerry Yost's laptop (Thanks again, K.Yost!) and create some (sham) recordings to upload to it this time. I wanted to be able to have something that people could refer to if curiousity got the best of them. It's nice to finally have something up there. The recordings are not of the best sound, but they do the trick and I am pretty happy with how they turned out. I could sit all day and dissect what I need/needed to improve, and re record all night....but instead I decided to go with my first takes and find comfort or acceptance in the flaws of my voice and key and my fingers fummbling and hitting a wrong string. Ah yes, and the infamous ukulele is quite sharp--but I trudged on through. I'm practicing acceptance--that feels great! Learning Learning Learning.

http://www.myspace.com/marymugford

Please feel free to add me or contact me! I hope you're all smiley!
love,
mugs

2 comments:

  1. You're doin real good, Mary! That was an awesome show at the Ramada. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just listened to your songs Mary! They're beautiful. Must've been all that practice when we'd sing on the computer in middle school :)

    ReplyDelete