Friday, October 9, 2009

Big Red Basement Show of smiles.

Good morning!

I woke up this morning and drank coffee and watched a rocket crash on the moon.

The air was cold and crisp outside and a purple hue dyed the clouds blanketing the sky. the lake looked like home. the leaves on the ground reminded me of the time of year.

I received an opportunity to play a basement show last Saturday in Marquette. It went incredibly well and i felt so incredibly grateful. I received a lot of positive feedback and was asked if i had cds/recordings. I'm now going to work on making that happen. I hope it isn't my ego that is swelling, and it's simply my heart. I really love music. I really love helping people smile. If the two go hand in hand, it's like a dream.

I had a performance tonight at The Big Red House on 2128 Presque Isle Ave at 9:30pm. I will be sharing the night with Leah Anton and Rusty Borealis. I am incredibly excited to hear and see both of them. Of course, my bones are shaking a bit as they always do.

I don't know how these opportunities to keep playing music arise and i don't quite know if I am looking for the absolute answer(s). But I do know that I feel so incredibly lucky and grateful. I do know that I keep saying 'yes!!' with enthusiasm and the rest of my time is spent floating. thank you!

Looking forward to seeing familiar and new faces tonight!
Love,
Mary Mugford

2 comments: